The European Young Innovators Forum (EYIF), in cooperation with Huawei and
Microsoft, has launched a new competition for young European
entrepreneurs. The competition, entitled ‘InnoApps, Huawei Apps Developers
European Challenge’, is open to university students and young
professionals under 27 who are EU residents and gives them a chance to
create an app and turn it into a business.
Under the theme of social inclusion, the contest aims to contribute to a
more inclusive society by fostering ‘e-skills’, increasing
‘e-participation’ and promoting entrepreneurship among young people.
There is also a special Female Developer Prize, designed to highlight
female role models to encourage more girls to delve into the fascinating
world of technology.
How to participate
– Entrants should submit their application form online and describe their
Windows Phone app idea in a short video (< 3 min.), accompanied by a
presentation (maximum 6 slides).
– The description should include what the innovative approach to the
social inclusion theme is, and how the app will benefit its target user
– The winner of the first prize will be awarded 5000 EUR and will enjoy
full commercialisation support to help them promote their app.
– The developers who come in first and second place, and the top female
developer, will win a trip to China to visit innovation centres.
– These developers, and the audience’s selected winner, will also have
their apps promoted in Microsoft’s Windows store.
– The six finalists will be invited to a workshop in Brussels, and will
get promotion on the organisers’ websites.
– The six finalists, and six runners-up, will also receive a Huawei phone
Deadline: 8 September 2013
Find out more: